Consulting Manager Internal Audit
Company: Columbia Association, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Monday, October 3, 2022 For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite &
Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals
across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional
accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services
allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with
changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right
technological tools.As Louisiana's top CPA firm, our rapid growth
is continuing.We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US! The
Consulting Manager Internal Audit will be responsible for the
management of full-cycle internal audit engagements, including
overseeing and conducting research & client assessments. This
Manager in our Consulting group will also work to prepare,
complete, and ensure the accuracy and compliance of client
engagements to meet the Firm's strategic goals and initiatives.
This position has a remote work opportunity!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or an
approved related field is required.
- One or more of the following internal audit certifications is
required: CIA, CISA, CPA or CFE.
- 7+ years of experience in the field of Internal Audit.
- Prior internal audit experience in a consulting environment
- Advanced degrees and Certifications may be used to supplement
for years of experience.
- 3+ years management experience.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and project management skill
- Knowledge of organizational and business functions to allow for
completion of assigned Internal Audit tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of key business risk and related
- High degree of professionalism and maintain the highest level
- Able to perform effectively, efficiently, and with quality
under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
skills in business and technical environments. Professionally and
appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work in a highly organized manner within a fast-paced,
innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Technically proficient to perform at an intermediate or
advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of
products or similar software applications. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the audit team through all phases of strategic
planning, work planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout
consistent with established program delivery processes to meet the
scope, schedule, budget and other contract requirements of Internal
- Provides effective and timely engagement oversight, timely and
accurate communications with Seniors and Staff as well as Associate
Directors and Directors; timely and accurate identification of
technical issues, staff performance and/or issues or concerns,
client communications regarding open items, and other similar
- Utilizes staff in an efficient and effective manner to meet
productivity and realization goals.
- Completes staff evaluations after large or multiple
- Performs comprehensive risk assessments and adjusts work plans
based on the results of the assessments.
- Documents procedures performed, findings and/or other issues,
and drafts/compiles work papers, reports and client correspondence
exhibiting effective writing skills.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group
of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter
- Provides leadership and facilitates collaboration amongst team
members and clients.
- Maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing standards.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform
the essential functions of the job successfully with or without
reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision
and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount
of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will
not typically exceed 25 pounds. BENEFITS:
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid
Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing
Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and
Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and
Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance,
Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account Join our team
of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With
an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range
of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where
professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong
Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities
for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow
- and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to
work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do
so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers,
complete an employment application and Explore Your Next
Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status or other protected
Keywords: Columbia Association, Inc., Hattiesburg , Consulting Manager Internal Audit, Accounting, Auditing , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!