Power Marketing Coordinator II
Company: Cooperative Energy
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionCooperative Energy is seeking a Power Marketing
Coordinator II - Power Trader The primary responsibilities of the
Power Marketing Coordinator are:
- Implementation of our Day-Ahead Strategy for both the MISO
market and the bilateral markets (SOCO & TVA). This includes
coordinating with the Cooperative Energy's Fuel team to provide
forecasted Next Day natural gas burns, with the Cooperative
Energy's Real Time team to provide Day-Ahead positions and expected
interchange, and with the Cooperative Energy's Settlements team to
keep track of transactions and associated P&L.
- For learning and staying abreast of best industry practices for
energy risk management, energy reporting, and interchange
- Contributes to reports for internal use and reporting to
outside entities (NERC, SERC, Department of Energy, etc.) as
- What we are looking for in this position?Education:
- Bachelor's Degree is Required
- The following degrees are preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering General (ABET Accredited
- Bachelor's Degree Finance
- Bachelor's Degree Mathematics*Control Center operations or
commercial energy transaction experience of 5 or more years may be
substituted in lieu of education requirements.Knowledge, Skills and
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning ability. VBA and SQL
are a plus.
- Must be methodical and able to accurately handle details. Must
be able to clearly communicate these details.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment during routine
and stressful situations.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including
Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.Cooperative Energy offers
Competitive Salariesand an Excellent Benefit Package!
- Competitive Salaries meeting Industry Standards
- Benefit Package which includes, but not limited to:
- Medical Insurance for Employee paid 100% by the company
- Pension Plan - 100% funded for employee by company
- 401k Plan with up to 6% employer match
- Employee Life insurance & AD&D - paid by company
- Life Insurance of $10,000 for spouse and child - paid by
- 10 paid holidays
- 96 hours vacation/personal leave and 96 hours sick leave
starting first year of employment
- 40 hours Family Sick leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to onsite gym and fitness classes for freeCooperative
Energy is an equal opportunity employer. It is Cooperative Energy's
policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified persons,
regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, veteran status or
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Cooperative Energy, Hattiesburg , Power Marketing Coordinator II, Advertising , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!