Principal - CARES School Hattiesburg
Posted on: May 22, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:Founded in 1912 as an
adoption agency, Canopy Children's Solutions is Mississippi's most
comprehensive nonprofit provider of children's behavioral health,
educational, and social service solutions. Canopy employs a diverse
group of mission-driven individuals committed to honoring the voice
of Mississippi children and families. Being an integral part of the
Canopy team involves committing to the Core Values that drive our
- The voice of our children and families always comes first
- Relationships matter and our differences make us stronger
- We take great joy in service to others
- Our families and our communities deserve our very bestIn
2020-2021, Canopy Children's Solutions received the certification
of a Great Place to Work. Canopy's employees are charged with
building a healthy work culture within their teams that focus on
trust and the collective goal of helping kids thrive and families
overcome extraordinary challenges. -We offer a comprehensive
benefits package for all eligible full-time employees. Benefits
include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation
- 403b Retirement Plan with Match
- Employee Wellness Program and Counseling ServicesPosition
- The Principal is responsible for administration of the CARES
School-Hattiesburg educational services.
- The Principal works with the staff to plan, organize and
implement school activities and services, including operations,
curriculum, scheduling, staff development, and development of
individual education plans. -
- The Principal maintains good relationships with students,
staff, and parents.
- The Principal complies with established lines of authority.Job
- Monitor attendance reports monthly.
- Maintain records on the materials, supplies and equipment that
are necessary to carry out the daily school routine. The principal
involves the staff in determining priorities for instructional
- Maintain appropriate progress reports and report cards as
- Facilitate the development of annual Individualized Educational
Programs for Special Education Students.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with all referral
- Work with area colleges and universities to develop and
implement internships and volunteer activities as a part of the
- Supervise interns and communicate with colleges and
universities related to their responsibilities.
- Maintain IDEA standards and regulations within the
- Provide weekly supervisory meetings with educational
- Provide activities that facilitate the professional growth of
the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional
- Conceptualize the broad goals of the school and plan
accordingly to ensure that procedures and schedules are implemented
to carry out the total school program.
- Orient and assist new staff members and provide opportunities
for their input in the school program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement the school curriculum for students.
- Reports to the Regional Director, regarding the needs of the
school with respect to personnel, equipment, supplies and
- Furnishes the necessary supplies and instructional aides to
staff for the improvement of instruction.
- Participates in and/or leads curriculum development activities
commensurate with school and organization goals.
- Identifies curricular and extracurricular needs by analyzing
current programs and student achievement.
- Regularly uses the results of student assessment data to
identify problems and implement program improvements and/or
- Emphasizes student achievement as the primary outcome of
- Works with staff to systematically identify and respond to at
risk students; makes referrals to appropriate organization
personnel when needed.
- Models and facilitates good human relations skills; effectively
interacts with others.
- Works to effectively:
- Protect instructional time by minimizing interruptions to the
- Coordinate teacher and student schedules to promote maximum
learning and minimize conflict.
- Maintain high visibility in the school.
- Provide for adequate supervision and acceptable student
behavior at all school functions planned and operated by school
- Responsible for the recruiting, screening, hiring, training,
and evaluation of the school's professionals,
Behavioral-Educational Interventionist, support staff, volunteers
- Listens and responds to staff, student, and community
- Develops communications that reflect and support management
team decisions in the implementation of Canopy Children's Solutions
- Effectively utilizes community resources and volunteers to
promote student learning.
- Identifies problem areas and seeks solutions before crisis
- Effectively delegates decision making and problem solving to
- Delegates' authority to responsible personnel to assume
responsibility for the school in the absence of the principal.
- Ensure that the requirements for the Educable Child Program are
- Submit Tuition Reimbursement Applications quarterly to the
Department of Education.
- Submit quarterly attendance data, reimbursement reports, and
invoices to MDE.
- Submit application and reimbursement forms for Extended School
- Meet accreditation requirements and complete process to
maintain accreditation on an annual basis.
- Supervises the cleanliness, maintenance and security of the
building and all of its contents.Organization and Community
- Train volunteers and interns on organization rules, policies
and procedures prior to volunteer activities on campusRequired
- Minimum of BS/BA degree in Special Education with a Master's in
Special Education preferred. -
- License in Education Administration required.
- Three years teaching/supervision experience dealing with
children and adolescents with learning and Emotional problems.
-Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Mycanopy, Hattiesburg , Principal - CARES School Hattiesburg, Education / Teaching , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...