Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 19, 2023
We are currently seeking a Reliability Engineer to be based at
our Ellisville, MS location. This position will report to the
Maintenance Manager.The Reliability Engineer will be the liaison
between the maintenance, engineering and operations team. This role
will be responsible for ensuring PGT's maintenance and reliability
program is executed in a safe, efficient, and high-quality manner.
The successful candidate will also be expected to identify,
develop, and implement of innovative solutions to mechanical
system/asset issues. This person will also be expected to respond
to unplanned events, work independently, and make technical
decisions and recommendations. Primary responsibilities will
- Identify and resolve chronic mechanical asset concerns.
- Develop and execute capital projects for reliability
- Assist in resolution planning for long-term mechanical asset
concerns (reliability threats).
- Assess equipment performance data and identify and lead
activities to ensure optimal reliability and efficient
performance.--- Working closely with the team to align production
equipment uptime and resolve manufacturing issues. --- Provide
guidance and expertise to identify and address equipment issues.---
Lead productivity projects to improve production efficiencies by
leveraging new technologies and practical methodologies.---
Coordinate multiple projects by managing contractors for safe and
timely execution of projects.--- Work with maintenance and
operations leadership to ensure equipment uptime is maximized to
prevent production interruptions.
- Assist in cost estimation of corrective-maintenance,
preventive-maintenance and/or projects.
- Develop contingency actions and provide technical leadership to
resolve both production and engineering related issues related to
the production equipment
- Accomplishes all work in orders to maintain safety, reduce
downtime, improve quality production, and improve plant efficiency
--- Have a working knowledge of industrial hardware and systems,
general fabrication, basic instrumentation, and calibration. ---
Lead resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of
urgency and integrity.--- Lead plant TPM programThis is a high
visibility position which can impact production targets and
financial goals and requires high levels of communication skills
and technical aptitude.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, hands on experience
- Non-degreed with minimum of 5 years of experience in
maintenance of equipment and reliability in an industrial
- Excellent communication, team interaction, and communication
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and passion to learn
- Ability to lead/participate on cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and
achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Candidates must demonstrate a track record of innovative
thinking and technical accomplishments.
- Proficiency with computers and standard software packages (MS
Office, E-Mail etc.).
- 1-2 years of manufacturing plant work experience
- Proven experience in installation, maintenance and
troubleshooting of mechanical equipment such as compressors,
hydraulics, control valves, blowers, pumps, heat exchangers, water
loop systems, chillers and cooling towers.
- Familiar with PLCs (Logic 5000, SLC 500, etc.)
- Knowledge of VFDs
- ABB robot programming experience a plus
- Demonstrate practical solutions, with innovative thinking.
- Experience related to PLC, kilns, temperature controllers,
process controls, and troubleshooting
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work
both independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary
- Working knowledge of metals and metals processing, powder
metallurgy, and gas atomization strongly preferred.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Hattiesburg , Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Ellisville, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!