Quality Engineer, Assembly
Company: Kohler Co.
Posted on: January 5, 2019
Quality Engineer, Assembly
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
KOHLER Engines, a division of KOHLER Co., has powered the toughest equipment in the commercial world since 1920. KOHLER Engines manufactures small engines for riding lawn mowers, garden tractors, walk-behind lawn mowers, concrete construction equipment, outdoor power equipment, welders, pressure washers and other products. For more information about KOHLER Engines, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
The Quality Engineer, Assembly is responsible for implementing and continuously improving corrective action activities in a manner that allows the plant in Hattiesburg, to meet our business objectives. The Engineer will work with Operations and or Suppliers in the development and improvement of processes to reduce the number of related non-conformances.
* Lead and mentor the existing quality associates supporting operations.
* Establish and manage appropriate quality tracking mechanisms within the operations area to drive improvement based on real time data.
* Utilize quality data to prioritize issues to be addressed and lead all functions to establish true root cause and implement irreversible corrective actions.
* Make appropriate cross functional decisions using quality analysis tools and critical thinking including cost / impact analysis and customer impact.
* Lead in the development and maintenance of control plans and inspection instructions.
* Lead cross functional teams to improve assembly First Pass Yield.
* Implement corrective actions in response to customer complaints, to reduce external PPM.
* Daily production line support for making decisions related to product quality: serving as the voice of the customer.
* Participate in safety, cost, and delivery improvement initiatives.
* Participate in new product launch activity and training.
* Bachelor s degree in engineering or engineering technology program or Bachelor s degree in a related field with successful completion of the EIT exam or a PE license
* Must have a technical quality background, with 3+ experience in working with several quality improvement methods in a manufacturing environment.
* Proficiency in data collection and statistical analysis
* Ability to effectively interface with manufacturing
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Must be able to manage and drive change
* Must be able to lead, motivate and develop others
* Must be assertive in corrective action activities
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
* ASQ CQE
* Knowledge of the AIAG PPAP standards
* Proficiency in quality disciplines: ISO, TS16949, FMEA, SPC, DOE
WHY WORK AT KOHLER CO.*
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Kohler Co., Hattiesburg , Quality Engineer, Assembly, Engineering , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!