Mechanical engineer, PE
Company: Mott MacDonald
Posted on: April 17, 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of mechanical
engineer based in our Hattiesburg, MS office. The ideal candidate
will be involved with the delivery of a range of projects within
Mott MacDonald's energy sector. You will be also expected to
provide technical support to existing team members and you will
contribute to a variety of small to large projects in North
As a mechanical engineer working as an integral part of the
Hattiesburg office, you will be responsible for the mechanical
engineering and design of oil and gas metering facilities, gas
compression facilities, liquid pump stations, gas processing,
dehydration, heaters, filter separators, and slug catchers.
including design criteria, material selection and equipment sizing
in compliance with codes and standards. You will be capable of
leading a team of engineers/specialists/designers.
Working with clients to determine work scope requirements, you will
monitor and control project costs and report variance from plan.
You will develop change orders as required and attend and
facilitate project meetings.
Responsible for pipe sizing calculations, valve sizing, hydrostatic
test design; hydraulic design, compressor designs, and pump
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the oil and
gas market along with having the following candidate specifications
(preferred candidates will possess the following):
* Degree in mechanical engineering.
* 4-8 years of experience in engineering design works.
* Professional Engineer license (P.E.) required
* Ability to do hands on mechanical engineering work (ie.
* Ability to communicate and present to internal and external
stakeholders in a professional manner, both written and
* Ability to analyze information and offer proactive solutions to
* Positive can-do attitude, to working with colleagues and
* Experience of working within an Integrated Management Systems
* Adaptable to working within different client
* Willing and able to travel within the United States for projects
* Strong technical and digital skills, specifically in SharePoint,
Microsoft Office 365
* Ability to deliver multi aspect projects on-time and budget to
the satisfaction of clients.
* Working autonomously as well as within teams as scope and range
of project interaction alters accordingly.
* Experience of working alongside other engineering disciplines
within a multi-disciplinary design consultancy.
* Competent user of relevant design software packages, specifically
Microstation and AutoCAD.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified people to join our team
who wish to make a difference to the world that we live in. If you
share our vision, then let s discuss how we can help you take the
next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting
new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development
consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our
kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180
principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings,
communications, defense, education, environment, health,
international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power,
transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish
version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Keywords: Mott MacDonald, Hattiesburg , Mechanical engineer, PE, Engineering , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!