International Tax Manager, Global Trade Advisory
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Do you enjoy providing powerful business solutions to some of
the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more
than 75 percent of the Fortune 100? Would you like to join one of
the leading professional services organizations in the United
States specializing in effectively managing global trade decisions
and obligations, and providing strategic significance to a
company's global supply chain? If this is you, come travel the
world in our world!
What you'll do
As a Manager on our Global Trade Advisory team, you will
participate in engagements requiring regulatory analysis for a
variety of entities and their affiliates; you will work with U.S.
and multinational companies, understand national and international
trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their
business objectives; with the opportunity to develop and pursue
creative strategies using the latest technologies.
- Helping companies manage global compliance requirements and
realize efficiencies in their global supply chain.
- Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global
import and export strategies and compliance.
- Working with clients to assess and deploy technology solutions
to enable international trade management operations.
- Supervising assignments by the Global Trade professionals
serving as Consultants and Senior Consultants.
- Developing and motivating the engagement staff by providing
them with leadership, counselling, and career guidance.
- Assisting Partners, Principals, and Directors with day-to-day
operations of practice
Our Global Trade Advisory practice is a national practice within
Deloitte Tax LLP's International Tax business and advises U.S. and
foreign multinational companies on global import and export
strategies, compliance, and technology enablement. The Global Trade
Advisory practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts,
technology specialists, customs brokers, auditors, and trade
management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve
worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in
their global supply chain. The group works with clients to assess
and potentially automate their international trade management
procedures within all major trading regions.
- 5+ years of experience in Import, Export and/or Technology
Enablement experience (operational, government, law firm, or
- Bachelor's degree in a legal, business or technology related
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing import/export
compliance processes and internal controls
- Experience leading and managing global project teams
- Travel up to 50%
- Limited Sponsorship may be available.
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or
must be able/willing to obtain:
o Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
o Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO)
o US Customs Broker License
o Licensed Attorney
o Enrolled Agent
o other certification (upon approval)
- Prior consulting experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Foreign language skills or study abroad experience
- Strong research, writing, verbal communication, and
- Familiarity with implementing and configuring trade management
software such as SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, etc., to manage import/export
- Project management experience indicating strong organizational,
data management, project planning, project execution, and people
- Business management and financial leadership experience
indicating strong ability to plan and manage budgets, financials,
- Ability to proactively develop internal and external
relationships and effectively speak to import/export/technology
matters in relation to global trade
- Detail-oriented and a self-starter with the ability to
effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Significant experience in using PowerPoint, MS Project, Access,
Excel, and/or Visio
- SAP SD/MM Certifications
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping
people at every level of their career to identify and use their
strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level
employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to
learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to
hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs
at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of
opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore
Deloitte University, The Leadership Center .
Keywords: Deloitte, Hattiesburg , International Tax Manager, Global Trade Advisory, Executive , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!