Strategic Communications Manager: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Institute
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Do you have a strategic and executional mindset that can deliver
high-value communications results that drive business objectives?
We need entrepreneurial and passionate professionals looking to
make an impact. If this is you, hit the "Apply Now" button!
Work you'll do
- Working with Institute leadership to define the Institute
'story' we want to tell our people, clients and the marketplace.
Collaborate with team members to creatively bring the story to
- Collaborating with DEI leaders to help define DEI Institute
eminence strategy, marketplace priorities, and engagement.
- Designing and developing communications channel strategies
(media, digital, social, and short form content platforms) that
align to promote DEI Institute business priorities.
- Innovating to promote our DEI Institute story - bring external
best practices around digital and social media, interactive
content, and multi-media. Work with the DEI team and internal
marketing agency to execute against these innovations.
- Positioning Deloitte as a thought leader, committed to
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, Workforce Well-Being, and
making an external impact to lead the change we want to see in the
The individual selected for this assignment must be passionate and
enthusiastic about DEI and its mission, and must be able to build
strong relationships and collaborate across multiple teams.
Additionally, the role requires you to:
- Be a creative thinker, someone who thinks outside of the box
and has the ability to implement innovative communication platforms
and tools, including leading-edge social media strategies.
- Navigate a matrixed organizational structure and make the
strategic connections across internal and external communications
to drive success, including the proven ability to manage external
- Be a leader, team player, and proactive professional who works
and thinks strategically, while guiding the team at the tactical
level to deliver high-value marketing and communications results.
Collaborate for results and impact.
- Develop communications plans and materials, increase
engagement, and accelerate the adoption curve of initiatives.
- Leverage superlative organizational and project management
skills; craft agile short-term and long-term action plans.
- Use strong skills in writing and editing and coach team members
on how to impact significant change through communications and
empower them to use self-service tools.
- Counsel senior leaders regarding communications objectives,
programs, and tactics.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications strategies and
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality when dealing with
sensitive or proprietary information.
Under the direction of the Chief DEI Officer, this role will work
directly with Deloitte's DEI Institute leaders, team and
collaborators to strengthen Deloitte's DEI brand and impact
- A communications professional with a minimum of 7 years of
relevant experience, in multi-dimensional marketing and
communications programs, including the use of social media.
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of Diversity, Equity
- A Bachelor's degree (preferably in Communications, English, or
- Strong writing and editing skills and previous writing/editing
experience in marketing, communications, PR, or journalism fields
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering executive
communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment
- Experience in managing and coaching marketing and
communications professionals, and teaming across business
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of marketing and
communication strategies and approaches.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook,
and Word; knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
- Proven ability to research, analyze, and consolidate complex
content into cohesive, clear, straightforward messaging.
- Proven success in developing and executing communications
strategy and plans for a large business, preferably in professional
- Strong knowledge of best practices in marketing and
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of
factors that are considered in making compensation decisions
including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training;
licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational
needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the
applicable geographic differential associated with the location at
which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical
for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for
their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts
and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the
current range is $86425 to $159165.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual
incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program,
whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including,
without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Keywords: Deloitte, Hattiesburg , Strategic Communications Manager: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Institute, Executive , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!