RN Case Manager
Company: Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Initiative Inc
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionUnder the direction of the Director of Social
Services, the Ryan White RN Case Manager is responsible for
providing case management services for the Ryan White Program,
Early Intervention and Services Program. The responsibilities of
the RN Case Manager include providing counseling, education, and
service coordination to patients eligible for the program and
assisting in all data collection and reporting. The RN Case Manager
is a community spokesperson for the Ryan White Program (RWP) and
works with other agencies to enhance a system of care. Job
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate patient activities and
- Understands the goals and objectives of the Corporation as set
out in the By- Laws and Policy and Procedures Manuals.
- Understands the goals, objectives, clinical guidelines and
performance measures of the Ryan White Program.
- Maintains accurate data regarding all HIV/AIDS patients and
reports with the assistance of the CQI RN.
- Works closely with the CQI RN and Ryan White Program
Coordinator in reviewing and updating program services and
- Works closely with the Ryan White patients in enrolling them in
the program and assessing their needs.
- Effectively counsels, educate, and respond to the needs of
patients infected with HIV/AIDS.
- Works closely with other service providers in referrals and
securing reports from off-site encounters.
- Participates in meetings of community groups, local
organizations, professional groups and regulatory agencies to
promote the program.
- Establishes linkages with public and private clinical care
referral sources. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Must have knowledge of social service and health care delivery
- Must have at least three years of experience in a community
health or health education related setting.
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in Mississippi
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
- Must be able to continuously use sound communication and
counseling skills in handling title case management
- Must be able to reason in planning and reporting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Must be able to deal effectively with patients and staff.
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen
and physical assessment.
- Must be willing to do local and out-of-state travel.
- Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds routinely.
Keywords: Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Initiative Inc, Hattiesburg , RN Case Manager, Healthcare , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!