Home Health Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - PRN
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overview:Kare In Home is looking for a Home Health Speech
Therapist, PRN for the Hattiesburg area.
A registered professional who provides therapeutic techniques for
the rehabilitation of patients with speech, language, hearing, oral
motor, swallowing and cognitive disorders. Provides coordinated
care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and
evaluates patient care plans to restore or maintain patient
well-being. Participates in the coordination of
- Performs ongoing clinical assessment, including OASIS
assessments at appropriate time points to identify patient needs
and determine level of functioning and appropriateness of patient
for home care.
- Develops and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the
patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s). Prepares and
completes clinical notes, phone orders and other clinical record
documentation on an ongoing basis and in a timely manner.
- Analyzes patient needs and provides appropriate care that is
ordered by physician as indicated in the plan of care. Revises the
POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data.
- Provides therapeutic treatments for speech, language, cognitive
and swallowing disorders with appropriate tests and measurements.
Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in
the plan of care.
- Applies concepts of infection control and universal precautions
in coordinating or performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients. Provides supervision and
guidance to home health aides as appropriate.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication
skills; facilitates the use of these skills by other team members
to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Provides patient caregiver, and family counseling; provides
patient and caregiver education.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements of the Agency
or licensing board.
- Promotes the Agency philosophy and administrative
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Participates in the Agency's QAPI program.
- Participates in Agency-sponsored in-service training.Physical,
Mental, Miscellaneous Demands
- Ability to do heavy lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, and
standing. Prolonged standing and walking required.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient and family
individualized psychosocial needs.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must have and maintain valid Driver's License, and proof of
current valid auto liability insurance.
- Requires current CPR certificate, and the ability to maintain a
current CPR certificate.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds
continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data
and figures, records, reports, visual inspection involving small
details. Although important, depth perception and field of vision
(peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish
small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires ability to grasp, pull, push, carry or otherwise
manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of
muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye
- Requires ability to communicate clearly and make
self-understood effectively in face-to-face interactions;
articulate with accuracy to communicate using phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions
correctly, answer phones, communicate professionally with people in
situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to concentrate on fine detail with frequent
interruption; ability to focus attention on tasks for 10-20 minutes
at a time on a continuous basis, 20-60 minutes on occasion.
- Requires ability to understand and relate to specific ideas one
at a time and to the concepts behind specific ideas; ability to
remember verbal and written tasks/assignments from a few hours to
several day periods.
- Position requires sitting approximately 60% of time
standing/stooping/bending/ climbing approximately 20% of time; and
walking approximately 20% of time.
- Excellent computer software skills necessary to produce
accurate documents and materials required.
- Requires ability to work effectively under minimal supervision;
exercise excellent, sound professional judgment and maintain
confidentiality.Qualifications:Education: Master's or Doctoral
Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited college or
Licensure: Current State License in Speech-Language Pathology or if
licensure does not apply, meets the requirements listed in 42 CFR
-484.115(n), current Driver's License
Experience: One year experience in an acute care or rehabilitation
setting, or home health preferred.
Skills: Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards
of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of current CPR.
Transportation: Reliable transportation, current Driver's License,
and valid and current auto liability insurance.
Environmental /Working Conditions: Works in a health care facility
or patients' homes in various conditions; possible exposure to
blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases; ability to work a
flexible schedule; ability to travel locally; some exposure to
We offer the following competitive benefits to support you, your
family, and your furry family members too!
- Newly improved mileage reimbursement
- Newly improved benefits packages
- Pet Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays...plus 2 bonus floating holidays!
- Family Medical Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Plan with a Company Match
- Legal Aid
- Identify Theft Plan
- Perks and Discounts
Keywords: Kare-In-Home, Hattiesburg , Home Health Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - PRN, Healthcare , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!