Posted on: June 17, 2022
$16.45 - $17.15 (DOE) Vitalant is where donors, talent and
innovation meet to save and improve lives. We are the nation's
largest independent, nonprofit blood services provider exclusively
focused on providing lifesaving blood and comprehensive transfusion
medicine services for about 900 hospitals and their patients across
the U.S. We seek team members who want to make a difference in
people's lives while furthering their careers. At Vitalant you can
expect competitive compensation, paid time off and other benefits.
Take your first step to joining our dedicated team by applying
today.PRIMARY PURPOSE:Under direct supervision, this position is
responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient,
safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works
collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the
values of the organization.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Performs all
assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external
regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, and daily quality
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
assigned.REQUIREMENTS:Knowledge/ Education: High School graduate or
GED required. License/ Certification: Valid in-state driver's
license preferred.Experience: Minimum one year work experience
- ust possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION AT
VITALANTVitalant is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive
workplace built on a foundation of respect, integrity, teamwork,
and excellence. Through our DEI strategic plan, we create
opportunities for employees of all backgrounds to feel valued, seen
and heard. We believe this mission drives creativity and
innovation, as employees experience an environment conducive to
personal growth and career development.VITALANT OFFERS A
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- HSA, FSA and 410K retirement savings plans
- Paid Time Off
- Commuter benefits
- Employee assistance programCOVID-19 POLICYAs an essential
operation to the nation's healthcare infrastructure and a
science-based organization, Vitalant believes that being vaccinated
helps provide protection and care for our employees, our donors,
their families, and the broader community. Vitalant requires
employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Individuals applying for this position should be prepared to comply
with the COVID-19 vaccination mandates of Vitalant and accordingly,
will need to have received the full series of vaccinations two
weeks prior to the first date of employment unless an approved
exemption exists prior to start.EEO including disability and
Keywords: Vitalant, Hattiesburg , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!