Emergency Medicine job in Hattiesburg MS
Company: Community Health Systems
Posted on: May 21, 2023
- Serves as consultant and other duties as assigned.
- Assists the Department and Executive Team in obtaining ACGME
continued accreditation (when applicable) and serves as the program
- Supervises residents, on-site and off-site.
- Provides performance evaluations, skill testing, and mentoring
- Provides patient care in the emergency department.
- Participates in resident and faculty recruitment.
- Assists with the implementation of departmental policies and
monitoring staffing effectiveness.
- Participates in national societies, including ACEP and
- Participates in hospital committees.
- Assists with the development and implementation of special
- Delivers presentations and participates in conferences for
residents, medical students, nurses, and emergency medical
- Adherence to institutional and departmental safety policies and
- Attends mandatory training provided and required Merit Health
Wesley, Merit Health Systems, and CHS. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in teaching residents evidence of growth in clinical
and teaching relating to Emergency Medicine
- Preference is given to previous Merit Health Wesley Emergency
Medicine Residency Program graduates.
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience in Emergency
- ACLS/PALS/ATLS certification.
- A record of professional service appropriate to the discipline
of an Emergency Medicine Physician Program Director. Required
- M.D. or D.O.
- Successful completion of ACGEM-accredited residency program in
- Valid, unrestricted medical license or eligibility for a
medical license in Mississippi or be eligible for a license.
- Board certification in Emergency Medicine by the American Board
of Emergency Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of
Emergency Medicine. Merit Health Wesley's emergency medicine
residency program is an accredited four-year program accepting six
residents each year until 24 full-time residents are in the
emergency medicine program. The program boasts both synergy with
and extensive involvement from attending physicians. The emergency
medicine residency program of Merit Health Wesley is dedicated to
excellence in training emergency medicine residents. The training
program's goal is to provide the graduating residents with the
tools, skills, empathy, and knowledge to practice in any emergency
department of their choosing. The residency program strives to
continuously improve upon its program, training facilities, and
academic curriculum to achieve the ultimate goal of the Department
of emergency medicine: "Excellence in patient care." We have
incorporated the Merit Health Wesley mission statement: "Loving
God, serving others, excelling in healthcare." To learn more about
the compensation package and additional details, please send your
CV and cover letter to Michele Gutermuth Disclaimer: This position
will remain open until we receive a qualified candidate. We are
only accepting applications if you see this position posted.
Keywords: Community Health Systems, Hattiesburg , Emergency Medicine job in Hattiesburg MS, Healthcare , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...