Posted on: November 5, 2019
AIRGAS USA, LLC an Air Liquide companyis a distributor of
Industrial, Medical, Specialty and Welding gases along with Safety
and Welding related products. We currently have anopening for a
highly self motivated person with a proven track record in sales,
to join our team as a District Manager. This territory is in the
West Central area between Jackson, MS, Hattiesburg, MS, and
Meridian, MS, and can be based in any of those locations. JOB
SUMMARY Support, reinforce and strengthen training, compliance and
sales efforts in assigned area of the region.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Develop, coach and direct the efforts of the branch manager,
inside sales staff and outside sales staff to achieve sales and
profit performance goals. Review call reports and dashboard (sales
data) of assigned sales personnel regularly and offer
- Assist branches with marketing initiatives, showroom displays
and retail sales efforts.
- Review and understand the Standard Operating Procedures, Human
Resources, Safety, and CU Reference Manuals.
- Provide training and conduct audits on Standard Operating
- Assess need and provide training on all branch operations (CU,
Dashboard, eBusiness, Airgas University, etc.)
- Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and
competitive accounts with emphasis on gas business and new product
supply agreements. Increase sales and total gross profit.
- Ensure all customers within area receive quality customer
service from company associates, penetrating existing customer base
with all product lines and product normally inventoried by
- Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder
balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product
knowledge and ensure existing customers are current on new products
and processes. Ensure sales representatives maintain and upgrade
- Assist assigned sales representatives and customers with
equipment set-up and demonstrations, as necessary.
- Review and approve sales commissions on a monthly basis. Set,
revise and communicate sales quotas as necessary to accommodate new
assigned accounts, national accounts, and changes in assigned
customers from one sales representative to another.
- Coordinate with and inform others within Region, as required,
regarding follow up opportunities on current and potential new
customers. Keep Area Vice President advised of coordination
- Represent company at approved trade association meetings to
- Prepare periodic sales reports, showing sales volume, potential
sales and areas of proposed client-based expansion.
- Ensure that disciplinary issues and performance deficiencies
are properly discussed, documented in a timely manner, and
forwarded to individual's personnel file.
- Communicate with Area Vice President regarding progress,
obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions.
- Communicate with the Safety Department and the Human Resources
Department on issues, as relevant, keeping the Area Vice President
informed of these issues as well.
- Lead and promote safety; organize safety meetings and strictly
enforce safety rules.
- Perform activities of workers supervised as required.
- Work safely and meet the requirements of all safety procedures
and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university or
combination of education and related experience and/or training.
Minimum five years related experience, preferably in the
welding/gas industry. Minimum three years experience should be in
successful management of a sales team. Negotiating and selling
skills required. Must have an intermediate to proficient working
level of experience with Microsoft Office programs. Must be able to
perform data entry in a computer and extract information on
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must maintain a valid state driver's license
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas, Hattiesburg , District Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!