Senior Backend Software Engineer, HD Map
Company: TuSimple, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together
we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more
environmentally friendly.This opportunity is located in San Diego,
CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
Email your resume directly:
Company OverviewCome join a higher calling and find a deeper
purpose!As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology
Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle
Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous
trucking.While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our
current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive
much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our
people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who
are leaving behind a historic legacy.TuSimple was founded half a
decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world
together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With
a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and
Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first
global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network
Job DescriptionHD Map data is the major offline data on a running
autonomous driving vehicle that makes L4 autonomous driving
possible. As a Senior Backend Software Engineer on the TuSimple
Maps team, you will work on the Big Data projects, including
complex map building algorithms and pipelines, large scale internet
services, map data management systems and tools, etc. Your work
will empower the whole autonomous driving pipeline, both the
algorithm research side and the engineering development side, with
the access to a large volume and variety of map data.
- Develop robust and scalable backend services in Java or
- Develop complex data processing pipelines and management
- Design and implement system architecture for your projects,
provide feedback to other team members.
- Help improve our engineering process and software quality by
participating in engineering design review, code review, unit
tests, CI/CD process, etc.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to
our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user
requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a
pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results
- At least 5+ years of industry experience in developing large
scale internet service backend.
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the popular
languages for developing web service backend, such as Java, Go,
- Experience with all phases of the software development life
cycle, best practices and Agile methodology.
- Strong knowledge in software service architecture design, know
how to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets
desired architectural objectives.
- Strong knowledge in data persistence technologies such as
- Experience with developing web services using Kubernetes.
- Experience with troubleshooting performance and scalability
bottlenecks and developing technical solutions.
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Experience with big data processing technologies such as Kafka,
Flink, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Experience with developing map or geospatial applications.
and React framework.
- Experience with popular web service standards and frameworks
such as OpenAPI, Quarkus, etc.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Annual Performance Bonus $$
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks,
special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not
discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of
race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other
basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and
promotion practices are performed without regard to the
above-listed items.Brown University, California Institute of
Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University,
Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia
Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State
University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue
University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology,
Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California -
Berkeley, University of California - Los Angeles, University of
Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland-College Park,
University of Massachusetts-Amherst, University of Michigan-Ann
Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania,
University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin,
University of Washington, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Williams
College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University,
MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo
AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak,
Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving,
Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning,
Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries,
Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat,
Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com,
Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis,
Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital
Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical
Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow,
SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian,
DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone,
Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks,
Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora,
OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine,
iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove,
Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic,
Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks,
ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte,
Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology,
Keywords: TuSimple, Inc., Hattiesburg , Senior Backend Software Engineer, HD Map, IT / Software / Systems , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!