Company: Hood Industries, Inc.
Posted on: December 6, 2018
Hattiesburg, MississippiPosition at Hood Industries, Inc.
Hood Industries, Inc. is a blend of wood manufacturing and distribution concerns that include two plywood and four lumber manufacturing plants, and fourteen specialty wood product distribution operations, located in thirteen states serving the northeast, southeast and southwest United States.
If you are a high performing, motivated, results driven Information Technology (IT) Professional with a passion for helping people, our role as a System Administrator with our IT department of our corporate office located at Hattiesburg, MS is right for you. This position will provide excellent support service and solve network related issues and new requests.
- Develops disaster recovery measures, maintains backups and provides backup support for SAN storage, provides support in the data centers and provides essential resolution of all requests, issues and problems.
- Performs device or system running, monitoring, troubleshooting, administering Qos devices, VPN, Routers, Switches and other network devices as well as administering network services like Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Mail Gateways, Anti-spam/Anti-Virus Appliance and managing the wide and local area voice and data network by securing access to resources, maintaining equipment and monitoring network performance.
- Performs network management i.e. WAN Administration, LAN Administration, Remote Access Administration and administration of regional network Internet ,Global IP-VPN. Additional functions include network troubleshooting, incident handling and recording, review, enhancement and documentation of network design and maintenance of network documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
--- Participates in and supports capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
--- Coordinates with network manager, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
--- Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
--- Manage connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, company Web site, intranet, and Internet applications.
--- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best -practices regarding privacy, security, and compliance.
--- Perform network and security audits.
--- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, Printers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
--- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
--- Recommend, schedule and coordinate with Network Manager to perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
--- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
--- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
Skills and Abilities
--- Working technical knowledge of network Servers, PC's, and platform operating systems, including VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server 2016 - Windows Server 2008, Windows 10,Microsoft IIS, and Microsoft SQL Server
--- Extensive application support experience with Windows and Microsoft Office 2016. Working knowledge of Email Systems and Management including Anti-virus, Spam Filters. Experience with E-Mail configurations including EAS, POP, and IMAP.
--- Experience with Web Filtering Software and Features
--- Knowledge of Best Practices for software updates including Windows and 3rd party applications
--- Experience with Network Infrastructure troubleshooting including cable repair & replacement
--- Experience with Wireless Infrastructures for multiple placements and variety of devices
--- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including [firewalls, Active Directory
--- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
--- Experience with data management.
--- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
--- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
--- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
--- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
--- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
--- Highly self-motivated and directed.
--- Keen attention to detail.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor Degree in computer science required and 5+ years equivalent work experience
- MCSE Certification and/or N+ and A+ Certifications
- VMWARE including VLAN
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 50+ pounds.
- Must be able to navigate the stairs and catwalks in a mill environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to perform by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Hood requires that applicants provide authorization and consent to a background check and a drug screen to continue in the selection process.
- All employment offers are contingent on meeting our background check standards and successful passing of required drug test.
- If hired, you will be required to provide documentation indicating your legal right to work in the U.S
Keywords: Hood Industries, Inc., Hattiesburg , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!