Posted on: September 11, 2020
The Counselor Position requires two years of academic studies in a
Social Science or Behavioral Science program at an accredited
college or university. Paid work experience in Social Services or
Corrections may be substituted for academic studies on a one-year
to one-year basis. Must have personal computer (PC) work experience
using Windows 2000 or XP operating systems. Work experience should
include Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Word and Excel
applications. Should understand basic PC concepts (files, file
paths, copying and pasting, deleting, and moving files) as well as
operation of common office machinery. The candidate must also have
good typing, spelling, grammar, organizational, and phone
Responsible for the supervision and continued implementation of the
agency's policies and procedures in all areas related to the
counseling and treatment programs, and all applicable
Areas of Responsibility:
* Responsible for complying with all agency policies and applicable
* Responsible for developing, coordinating, monitoring , evaluating
and documenting individual program planning according to the
specific needs of each client, to include relevant program goals,
referrals, and individual , family, and group counseling
* Responsible for guiding, monitoring and documenting relevant
aspects of resident movement, behavior and progress.
* Responsible for timely use of and timely recordkeeping in the
FreshStart Client Management System.
* Responsible for timely submission of resident release plans, home
confinement plans and termination letters.
* Responsible for communicating all relevant information to
supervisory staff, in regard to the agency, the facility and the
* Responsible for providing staff duty coverage as scheduled.
* Responsible for attending and participating in all meetings as
* Responsible for initiating and maintaining cooperative and
effective liaison activities with supervising authorities and other
agencies, community groups, and professional associations.
* In the event of a work stoppage, the Counselor will work all
hours necessary to staff the center.
* Performs all other work duties as may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dismas Charities, Inc. is a federal contractor and provides equal
employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status,
disability, or any other protected classification under Federal,
State, or Local Law.
Keywords: Dismas, Hattiesburg , Counselor, Other , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!