We're not a business, we're a family. Schonberg Care takes great
pride in the local, personalized, all-hands-on-deck environment we
cultivated in the 14 retirement communities we own and operate
throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina. We're proud
of the culture we've cultivated, and are always seeking qualified,
compassionate individuals to join our growing team of caretakers.
If you'd like to join our tightknit, family-oriented team, please
take a look at our open positions on the Careers page and apply
today! Responsibilities: * Assesses residents on admission and as
well as when conditions change. Documents appropriately.
* Assesses the resident's condition and nursing needs, initiates
appropriate nursing action.
* Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes
appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the resident and
family regarding pain management.
* Documents changes in residents condition and appropriate
interventions on Nurses notes.
* Ability to interpret results of waived tests; take appropriate
action on waived tests results.
* Administers medications and follows the seven (7) medication
rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
* Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that
optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
* Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
* Meets current documentation standards and policies.
* Notifies physician of changes in resident's condition and
follows through until appropriate action is taken.
* Notes and carries out physician's orders in a timely
* Gives a thorough verbal report to oncoming shift.
* Follows through as needed on information given by shift
report, resident or family regarding resident concerns.
* Implements plan of care of the resident based on assessments
and goals established by the interdisciplinary care team.
* Treats residents and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and
religious/spiritual needs of residents and their families.
* Supervises other members of the healthcare team as needed to
accomplish the plan of care which has been developed.
* Demonstrates competence in technical and manual skills
according to scope of practice for LPNs/LVNs.
* Functions as a resident advocate by protecting the resident's
* Demonstrates creativity in solving problems and looking at
situations in new and innovative ways.
* Interacts with residents, families, co-workers, managers and
other departmental staff in a kind, knowledgeable and friendly
* Consistently involves resident and family in planning for
care, treatment, and teaching needs.
* Functions as a leader for the Care Partners; delegates in a
manner that contributes to the excellence of the ARCP.
* Participates in orientation of new staff and assists in
performance evaluations when needed.
* Demonstrates ability to remain calm in emergency and/or
stressful situations and gives everyone a feeling of confidence
that station is under control.
* Consistently follows the policies and procedures of the
* Exhibits genuine interest in and appreciation of adults in
later years of life.
* Is a motivated, independent individual who can organize
workload so that all functions are completed appropriately.
Qualifications * Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and
* Completes annual education requirements.
* Maintains regulatory requirements.
* Maintains resident confidentiality at all times.
* Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work
within designated time.
* Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch
time system correctly.
* Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
* Attends annual review and department inservices, as
* Attends monthly staff meetings.
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional
* Actively participates in performance improvement and
continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
* Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
* Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit
discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local