Residential Route Manager-Hattiesburg
Company: Waste Pro USA, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Residential Route Supervisor is responsible for supervising
the daily service delivery to residential Waste Pro customers
ensuring safe, timely, and cost effective delivery of contracted
services in accordance with Waste Pro practices ,procedures ,and
applicable regulations. This position understands Waste Pro Core
Values and applies principles of Positive Leadership in the
supervision of drivers
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Directly responsible for the supervision of drivers and
performance of daily operations. Greet drivers upon their arrival
to the yard; ensure that pre and post trip inspections are
conducted. Communicate to the driver's key service points, safety,
and equipment issues while ensuring they are part of the Waste Pro
team and understand the core values.
Establish and maintain a clean, safe work environment and ensure
compliance with company policies.
Share Decision Driving techniques and ensure that employees
adhere to and are knowledgeable of Waste Pro safety guidelines.
Reinforce daily safe work practices and assist with the delivery of
weekly safety meetings.
Route all new service starts including obtaining work order,
scheduling delivery of container and service days. Review
productivity reports daily (yardage, tonnage and hauls), reroute
non-performing routes to maximize service calls while ensuring that
labor costs are minimized. Schedule removal of cans on a timely
basis when service is cancelled.
Follow the routes to ensure that Waste Pro provides a
Distinguishably Different level of service to customers. Respond to
dispatch calls or messages submitted via the Trac-Ez system. Talk
with the driver(s) to clarify any unique service requirements and
to make driver aware of the situation for the next day service.
Address all customer issues, complaints and inquiries by speaking
with the customer and/or driver. Address overloaded cans, renew
contracts or refer service changes to the sales representative if
applicable. Interact with city, state and municipalities to ensure
customers are serviced in a timely manner.
Perform route observations to ensure safety procedures are
followed. Ensure corrals are in good condition, cans are sanitized,
debris is picked up around can, bins are placed and labeled
properly, and gates are closed. Complete route observation reports
and discuss observations with driver including safety issues,
customer calls, route cleanliness and truck appearance. Identify
training needs and review with driver.
Monitor driver's daily pre-trip inspection, address findings,
and ensure driver conducts proper inspections. Review all truck
repair issues and address with shop manager to ensure mechanical
issues are fixed.
Monitor driver time and attendance, completed route sheets,
disposal tickets and compliance with DOT hours of service and Waste
Complete accident and injury reports. Respond to vehicle
accident investigations, workers compensation and property damage
Train and provide orientation for new employees.
Conduct performance evaluations, monitor and track employee
attendance, complete disciplinary actions and attend meetings that
apply positive leadership principles.
Ensure front loaders are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Drive and assist on routes to cover shortages. Assist drivers
who are behind normal schedule as needed.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and
participate in corporation sponsored training courses as
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for
keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being
used by Waste Pro USA.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal setting for this job is: Outside
supervising in the field.
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of
3-5 years experience in the transportation, management, logistics
or waste industry; or
- Associate's Degree or minimum of 2 years experience in
transportation, logistics, or solid waste operations in which
coaching, routing assessments and supervising employees are
requirements of the role.
- Knowledge and prior application of Smith System and/or Decision
Driving principles and techniques.
- Basic computer skills and general knowledge of Microsoft
- Previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, ANSI and other related federal, state &
- Valid class A or B commercial driver's license (or ability to
obtain one within 3 months of hire) with a personal and business
driving record that meets Waste Pro standards and insurance
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Must be able to work independently make decisions and resolve
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and be
available to address operational issues by phone at all times.
- Ability to maintain and portray a positive attitude towards
staff and customers.
- Knowledge of first aid techniques helpful.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to drive a vehicle and work outside: most of the work
- Required to be outside, driving and working with
drivers/helpers while exposed to physical occupational risks (such
as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of
the work day.
Keywords: Waste Pro USA, Inc., Hattiesburg , Residential Route Manager-Hattiesburg, Other , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!