Account Executive (Hattiesburg, MS/Gulfport, MS/New Orleans, LA)
Company: Cengage Learning
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Account Executive, Higher Ed Sales
We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping
students around the world discover the power and joy of learning.
We are bonded by our shared purpose - driving innovation that helps
millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that
creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential
to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our
individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse
perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of
all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and
bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities
through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are
integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more,
please see .
As a member of the Higher Education Sales team, an Account
Executive will sell specific product offerings to achieve
established sales targets at accounts within an assigned sales
territory. An Account Executive will build relationships with a
diverse set of decision makers, represent and promote assigned
Cengage products to customers, and provide post-sales support as
needed to drive sell-through, digital activations, and usage. An
Account Executive will collaborate internally with specialists
across the company on planning, strategy and product delivery.
What you'll do:
Plan for Success
- Plan, organize, and prioritize sales activities to achieve
- Use database tools to develop and maintain opportunities
pipeline for every account in assigned territory.
- Create and execute strategic plans for opportunities through
resource management and internal collaboration.
- Develop product knowledge and digital skills for sales calls,
presentations and delivery of digital courses.
- Provide support for instructor course set-up and student course
access to drive digital activations, and usage.
- Build itineraries and daily plans that effectively address
territory priorities and optimize customer engagement.
- Achieve and/or exceed established sales targets by promoting
Cengage solutions to all customers.
- Conduct sales calls with decision makers to identify needs,
propose solutions and establish relationships.
- Represent all product offerings and platforms across
disciplines for the territory.
- Collaborate internally with account partners to implement
institutional sales strategies and ensure complete coverage of all
Cengage solutions for an account.
- Use resources and internal sales support for digital customer
course builds, training and implementation.
- Confirm and communicate details with customers on options to
access Cengage content in use at each account.
- Develop relationships with channel partners to coordinate
shared delivery of content and gain understanding of campus
Manage Your Business
- Use data to identify priorities for allocation of time and
- Continue ongoing updates and maintenance of customer
- Manage travel, business and sampling budgets
- Provide clear, timely communication and accurate
- Exhibit digital proficiency with internal systems and when
sharing Cengage solutions.
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Bachelor's degree preferred and a successful track record in a
prior sales position (i.e. direct or ED Tech), marketing, or
- Minimum of two years of successful sales or customer
- Located within assigned sales territory and the ability to
visit clients on site. Ability to travel with some overnight in
certain territories and for sales meetings; must be able to travel
by both auto and air.
- Values and appreciates diversity of thought; able to work with
diverse audiences both internally and externally.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- High energy and good communication skills both written and
- Strong presentation skills.
- Competitive spirit and high business acumen.
- Demonstrated understanding of applied computer
- Comfortable utilizing technology in performing routine job
tasks and for product demonstration purposes.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in PC and Microsoft Office applications.
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age,
veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural
background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life
experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage's
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their
Cengage Group is committed to providing reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application
procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a
disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or
you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
About Cengage Group
Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving
millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products
and services that equip students with the skills and competencies
needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled
the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and
now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education,
workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching
and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology,
including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners
who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through
Keywords: Cengage Learning, Hattiesburg , Account Executive (Hattiesburg, MS/Gulfport, MS/New Orleans, LA), Other , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!