Clinical Applications Specialist - Radiation Therapist
Company: Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Together, we can beat cancer.At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers
Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our
vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work
passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology
solutions.We are part of an incredible community of scientists,
clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled
specialists pushing the boundaries of what's possible, to improve
people's lives around the world. We embrace a culture of
inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual
can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and
continued success.If you want to be part of this important mission,
we want to hear from you.Summary:
- Provides clinical applications training to customers both on
site and remotely to ensure customer is well prepared to obtain
training that will enable them to operate their Varian Medical
System equipment according to a minimum of safe and effective use
guidelines with the highest level of satisfaction.
- Assist in managing the customer's clinical expectations.
- As available, provides competitive product performance
information to headquarters, marketing or engineering groups.
- May coordinate or lead customer and/or employee training
- May conduct large group presentations at seminars, training
programs, and trade shows.
- May provide demo support to local, regional and national
customer trade events.
- Formulate complementary support training information in the
form of quick tips, workbooks, video-media and implementation
- Work with cross-functional teams as necessary to support and
enable best services and optimize customer relations.
- Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Position must
have full access to VMS client sites to perform the essential
functions of this position. Many VMS clients require VMS employees
and representatives to meet certain "Vendor Credentialing"
requirements before they will be allowed to have access to their
sites. Unless prohibited by law, position must meet all Vendor
Credentialing requirements necessary to have full client access,
and must continue to meet those requirements during the course of
VMS employment in this position.
- Performs all required applications specialist responsibilities
including but not limited to: creating and maintaining formal
customer training support documents; design and oversee the initial
and ongoing training for Clinical Applications Specialists, as well
as, continued training for new product releases.
- Other duties as assigned by Training Operations and/or
Applications Manager.Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Clinical understanding of the processes in a medical and/or
radiation oncology department.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary communication skills (listening, verbal,
- Adaptable, positive and open to new ideas and/or
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative.
- Enthusiastic learner who is eager to meet challenges and
quickly assimilate new concepts.
- Other Desired Skills and Knowledge: Clinical experience in
Radiation and Medical Oncology
- Credentials by specific professional role: Radiation Therapist
- ARRT preferred Required Certifications and Training: Obtains and
completes LMS training plan specific to assigned
- Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Meets all
Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain VMS client site
access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by client
and may include, but are not limited to:
- Proof of valid identification (photo, driver's license,
- Criminal background checks
- Drug screens Immunizations
- (Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus)
- Annual TB testing
- Healthcare trainings
- Experience Level with Business Tools: Experienced knowledge in
use of remote training tools (i.e. Smart Connect, virtual
classroom) and business tools such as: Microsoft Office Suite,
SalesForce, ServiceMax, Qlikview and Learning Management System
- Scope Complete understanding and wide application of
documentation, standards, principles, concepts and techniques in
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge
and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Job Complexity: Works on assignments that are moderately
difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making
- Proficient at leading a team and taking on special
- Proficient delivery of training for a minimum of 20%-30% of
Varian products. Experienced product knowledge to support cross
functional teams (i.e. trade shows, sales support, marketing,
- Mentors Clinical Training Specialist I and II.
- Impact of Decisions and Accuracy: Erroneous decisions or
failure to achieve results may negatively impact or delay internal
and external customer satisfaction and financial obligations.
- Interaction: Interacts daily with functional peer groups and
- Builds effective working relationships with both internal and
- Supervision Receives little instruction on day to- day work,
general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Administrative Compliance in good standing.
- Competency Level Solid proficiencies, some strengths and
opportunities for development of identified areas in development
- Typical Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree or
equivalent Minimum of 2 -3 years clinical experience or equivalent
3 years in position Enrollment in Varian approved Development
- Travel required up to 75-100% and intermittent weekends.
- Requirement to travel into Canada and must meet Canadian Border
- Valid U.S or Canadian driver's license.Fighting cancer calls
for big ideas.We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving
this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every
single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly
beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees.
We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate.
Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by
our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to
bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic
perspective will help to power more victories over
Keywords: Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Hattiesburg , Clinical Applications Specialist - Radiation Therapist, Other , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...