Company: Interface Security Systems
Posted on: June 16, 2022
FIELD TECHNICIAN Interface Systems is one provider that can do
it all, safely integrating network and security needs into one
highly reliable and cost-effective bundle. With privately monitored
and managed broadband, video monitoring, security and life safety,
digital voice, and new business intelligence capabilities, we are
uniquely equipped to meet the rapidly changing technology demands
of today's retail, commercial and small business enterprises. Our
services include providing evaluation, engineering, installation,
and maintenance of the active and passive components that comprise:
Fire systems, VoIP Systems, TCP/IP Networks, Video Surveillance,
Security Access Control, Commercial Alarm - Install - Service
POSITION SUMMARY In this position, you will perform surveys and
assist in troubleshooting and maintaining Fire Systems, Burglar
Alarms, VoIP Systems, TCP/IP Networks, Video Surveillance Security,
Access Control & Wireless solutions. As a Security Alarm
Technician, you will be responsible for installing and servicing,
key and PBX systems, security and video surveillance systems,
wireless devices, and cable pathways. This will also include
installing various electronic components and cables including
terminating, testing, labeling, and documenting horizontal,
backbone & other cables. Furthermore, Specific duties for this
Field Technician role include, but are not limited to:
- Install and repair fire and burglar alarm systems, both
commercial and residential.
- Work in the field with the most efficient methods to solve
- Customer training as needed.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels by conducting
physical inventory counts.
- Verify and submit all documentation for inventoried items
according to company policy.
- Install twisted pair, coax, power limited tray, stranded, solid
conductor low voltage, single-mode fiber optical, and multi-mode
fiber optical cables.
- Replace, service, and perform new wiring installs, UPS battery
tests, and network cable runs.
- Dress and route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture,
and other work area outlets.
- Firestopping various types of cable penetrations.
- Understand, adhere to, and promote the Environmental, and
Health & Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
- Interface with customer contacts on projects and work
- Interface with the end-user and coordinate with vendors for
- Hands-on field interaction with customers at the site
- The position is full-time and includes rotating 24/7 on-call
duties.Job Requirements We are looking for a self-driven and
customer-focused experienced Field Technician who combines
excellent leadership and problem-solving skills, with a strong
mechanical and technical aptitude to exceed customers'
expectations. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented,
with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
simultaneously within a highly technical and fast-paced
environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal
and written communication and interpersonal skills, plus the
ability to maintain and portray a positive attitude committed to
consistently performing high-quality work. QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED; Vocational/Technical/Business
School, strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- NICET CERTIFICATION IS A PLUS.
- Verifiable field experience.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Solid comprehension of the terminology pertaining to the
installation and service of telecom, data, security, and wireless
- Solid Comprehension of the publications pertaining to standard
telecom, data, security, and wireless systems practices,
engineering, and Federal, State, and local safety standards.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to pass applicable state and federal background checks
in order to become a registered security installer.
- Comfortable using small hand tools and power tools.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of
- Physical demands include:
- Finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Heavy physical effort.
- Climbing stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts,
and rooftops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Carrying loads up and downstairs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents;
mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel
overnightInterface Security Systems is a leading managed services
provider delivering managed network, asset protection, and business
intelligence solutions to distributed enterprises. We streamline
operations, improve security, reduce IT costs, and enhance the
customer experience, maximizing ROI for the nation's most
successful brands. At Interface, we are passionate about connecting
and protecting what matters most to businesses ... their people,
their assets, and their brand. We thrive on empowering distributed
enterprises with solutions that help simplify complex challenges.
We deliver nothing less than complete customer satisfaction through
innovative and adaptive technology, customized services, and
relentless customer support. What enables us to be truly
exceptional are our people and a culture where teamwork, respect,
and an innovative spirit thrive. So, come and join our winning team
and maximize your potential and achieve your professional
development goals. Interface Security Systems offers a competitive
compensation package based on education and experience plus
excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k),
paid time off, the opportunity for growth, and much more. Please
submit a resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
Interface Security Systems will not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that
applicants are employed and that employees are treated during
employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status
as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability. Such
action shall include, but not be limited to the following:
Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or
recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; for rates of pay or
other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including
apprenticeship. Interface Security Systems will, in all
solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on
behalf of the Interface Security Systems, state that all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or
individual with a disability.
Keywords: Interface Security Systems, Hattiesburg , Field Technician, Professions , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!