Power Generation Planning Engineer - Electrical Engineer
Company: Cooperative Energy
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Cooperative Energy is seeking aGeneration Planning Engineer -
Electrical EngineerCooperative Energy will not sponsor applicants
for a visa for this position.The primary responsibilities of the
Generation Planning Engineer are to provide power supply planning
and operational studies and analysis to support the reliable and
economic dispatch of Cooperative Energy's generation resources.What
we are looking for in this position?
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering (ABET Accredited
- **Power Emphasis Preferred
- No experience required
- Strong working knowledge of detailed operation of an electric
- Working knowledge of production cost modeling, generation
resource economics and unit commitment.
- Ability to interpret involved contracts such as Power Purchase
Agreements, Marketing Agreements, and Interconnection
- Strong working knowledge of mathematics and logic.
- Advanced working knowledge of Engineering Economics.
- Working knowledge of data management, including database and
spreadsheet applications, with the ability to use moderately
complex models or specialized computer applications.
- Ability to apply advanced analysis methodologies.
- Ability to interpret and present findings in a clear, concise
manner including the creation and use of tables, charts and
graphics to summarize results.Cooperative Energy offers Competitive
Salariesand an Excellent Benefit Package!
- Competitive Salaries meeting Industry Standards
- Benefit Package which includes, but not limited to:
- Medical Insurance for Employee paid 100% by the company
- Pension Plan - 100% funded for employee by company
- 401k Plan with up to 6% employer match
- Employee Life insurance & AD&D - paid by company
- Life Insurance of $10,000 for spouse and child - paid by
- 10 paid holidays
- 96 hours vacation/personal leave and 96 hours sick leave
starting first year of employment
- 40 hours Family Sick leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to onsite gym and fitness classes for freeCooperative
Energy is an equal opportunity employer. It is Cooperative Energy's
policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified persons,
regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, veteran status or
Keywords: Cooperative Energy, Hattiesburg , Power Generation Planning Engineer - Electrical Engineer, Professions , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!