Lead Manufacturing Technician
Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
protect life. LEAD TECHNICIAN, MANUFACTURING - HATTIESBURG,
MISSISSIPPI SITE Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Lead
Technician, Manufacturing for our site in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
The select candidate will have completed an Electrical Mechanic
Degree or have the equivalent in training and in significant course
work towards a degree and have 1-3 years of related experience. The
successful candidate will have the ability to read and understand
wire diagrams, instrument/equipment diagrams and
instrument/equipment manuals, have basic pneumatic, mechanical,
controller and electrical skills and have experience in maintaining
various facility systems such as lighting, ventilation, compressed
air and HVAC. In addition, this individual will possess a strong
work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation. THE
COMPANY Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission-to
protect and enhance life. As a global specialty pharmaceutical
company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare
providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging
health threats. We value the diversity that each employee brings,
and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive
on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working
around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide
variety of scientific, technical and professional career
opportunities worldwide. THE OPPORTUNITY Lead Technician is
responsible for maintaining the EPPU-Hattiesburg Production
facility in good working order and in compliance with cGMP and ISO
standards. The Lead Technician is also responsible for operation of
the Reactive Skin Decontamination Lotion (RSDL) packaging line and
provide daily direction to contract workers on-site in support of
manufacturing operations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Trouble-shoot production line stoppages and malfunctions.
- Repair wired logic electronic circuits, programmable
controllers, and pneumatic/electronic circuits in accordance with
the latest technology.
- Maintain various systems (lighting, ventilation, compressed
air, HVAC) in efficient working order.
- Develop and assist in production equipment improvement
- Manage calibration program for required measuring equipment in
Production Suite and Lab.
- Perform preventive electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Support production needs as required.
- Interact with and manage maintenance contractors.
- Maintain Mississippi plant to cGMP requirements.
- Manage and assist in training of contract line workers.
- Other duties as needed. The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job.
It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be
assigned. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Electrical Mechanic Degree or equivalent training/significant
course work toward degree.
- Degree/Significant Course Training/Experience in electrical
circuit design and maintenance
- 1 - 3 years of related experience Mechanical Skills:
- Ability to read and understand wire diagrams,
instrument/equipment diagrams and instrument/equipment
- Basic pneumatic, mechanical, controller and electrical
- Basic Mathematics skills.
- Experience in maintaining and repairing robotic packaging
- Experience in maintaining various facility systems such as
lighting, ventilation, compressed air, HVAC.
- Ability to work in a team environment while directing and
instructing line workers .
- Responsible, self-starter.
- Detail-oriented focused on operating within established
tolerances and standards.
- Available for overtime as required.
- Experience in GMP documentation and procedures. Interested?
Please visit to apply today! Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly
recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to
help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow
employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining
when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill. There
are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics
that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. This information is available upon
request from the candidate. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential
functions. Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of
our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or
gender expression (including transgender status), sexual
orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or
veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Information
submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities
related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions
respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will
BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate
submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent
BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions, Hattiesburg , Lead Manufacturing Technician, Professions , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!