Sr Director IT Business Partner - Manufacturing and Supply Chain (Remote/virtual)
Company: Emergent Biosolutions
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
- As a senior member of the Information Technology team, this
position serves as a strategic business partner and primary IT
liaison for Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- The Senior Director- IT Business Partner will partner with
assigned business and functional leaders to understand processes,
strategies, outcomes and KPIs.
- They will collaborate with their partners to develop and
deliver on strategy driven roadmaps including people, process,
information and technology implications. They will ensure that
solutions generate business value and will confirm and communicate
impact with well-defined measures.
- This role will take accountability with their business partners
for all aspects of IT service and delivery quality.
- They will establish credibility by demonstrating a high degree
of industry expertise, operating with strong leadership and
communication skills, driving alignment, and delivering on their
- This can either be on site or a remote/virtual position.
- Partner with business leaders to translate functional business
strategies and supporting outcomes into enabling business
- Facilitate the development of actionable, multi-year, strategy
driven business and IT roadmaps with investment requirements and
benefits well enumerated.
- Liaise between assigned functions and IT communities to align
demands and priorities.
- Act as the principal information & technology advisor for
assigned business units or functions.
- Canvas the marketplace and proactively bring business &
technology "art of possible" ideas to further the realization of
- Collaborate to identify and develop true business value
opportunities, and influence the decision on priorities, roadmap
and timing of initiatives/deliverables.
- Partner with business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals,
build business cases and plan new joint initiatives.
- Owns building business case for all assigned.
- Oversees creation and maintenance of business architecture and
- Gathers high level business requirements regarding new
solutions and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Form strong, trust-based relationships with assigned business
and functional leaders to ensure involvement in business /
functional planning, being engaged proactively for consultation,
the ability to challenge thinking and push back and escalate issues
as needed, and to establish IT as a respected strategic
- Partner with business teams to ensure effective business
transformation for all initiatives (roles, processes, organization)
to drive the realization of identified business outcomes.
- Focuses on process adoption, integration of new capabilities
with ways of working, and drives associated systems usage.
- Ensures IT is are aware of key business changes and issues.
- Obtain alignment on business-value based priorities.
- Provide input to governance committee for alignment on the
global portfolio of initiatives such that IT initiatives support
investment decisions with the greatest impact for the business, our
colleagues and our clients.
- With the business, support and participate in formal status
- Manage stakeholder satisfaction with IT services.
- With technology teams (applications, infrastructure, security,
project managers, and other business partners), work
collaboratively to share knowledge ensuring One IT execution.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Leverage business experience (Manufacturing and Supply Chain)
and best practices for targeted business areas and solutions to
provide specialized knowledge across the network and add value to
overall business objectives.
- Strong and broad-based leadership skills from strategically
minded to resourcefulness in working through others.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, biomedical
studies, science, or related major with a Master's degree
- At least 2 years with business architecture and/or solutions
strategy experience and at least 5 years of experience in a
- Requires a minimum of 10 years' experience in IT management,
business analysis, consulting, process engineering or solutions
- Experience successfully implementing medium-sized enterprise
projects in IT lead role (in 2 or more of the targeted business
functions: R&D, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Supply Chain,
Quality Assurance, Clinical or Facilities & Engineering).
- Track record of developing and leading high performing
- Entrepreneurial attitude to drive change and influence
- A great communicator in both written and oral
- Project management experience
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience required
- A clear financial focus that is visible through value based
- An ability to sit comfortably on multiple management
- A well-respected team player with proven ability to contribute
in a number of areas
- A passion for quality, compliance and value in all that is
- A no-nonsense approach to getting things done
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees
working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well
as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good
judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you
stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment
characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully
perform the essential functions of the job. This information is
available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental
disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information
or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
submitted will be subject to the terms of our .
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
Keywords: Emergent Biosolutions, Hattiesburg , Sr Director IT Business Partner - Manufacturing and Supply Chain (Remote/virtual), Professions , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...