Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10026853 Plant
Hattiesburg, MS (Plant) - Filling industrial
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
As a Gas Cylinder Operator, you will be responsible for safely
loading cylinders onto vehicles, conducting inspections, and
efficiently filling cylinders with gasses. Your attention to detail
will ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
while maintaining accurate records.
- Safely operate equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into
- Conduct pre-fill and post-fill inspections, ensuring cylinders
meet safety standards before release.
- Perform regular maintenance checks on pumping apparatus and
- Fill cylinders to the appropriate pressure or weight.
- Maintain accurate cylinder filling records and adhere to all
- Sort and inspect empty cylinders for refill, following daily
- Load and unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders from
- Keep the plant clean and orderly, contributing to end-of-day
- Comply with all state and federal laws, regulations, and safety
- Promptly report any accidents or injuries to
- Operate forklifts and warehouse equipment as needed.
Are you a MATCH?
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets
- Capable of working independently and meeting deadlines under
- Willingness to work occasional overtime if required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse
- Physically able to lift up to 60 lbs and perform work while
standing, bending, and reaching.
- Comfortable working outdoors in various climate
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 1 - 3 years of related experience preferred.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Hattiesburg , Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator, Professions , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!