Technician, Home Services
Company: C Spire
Posted on: May 15, 2019
OverviewSUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: At C Spire, we are customer
inspired. Every C Spire team member is charged with delivering a
world class experience to every customer. Every C Spire team member
is charged with living the brand. This position is responsible for
working closely and courteously with Residential customers. Will
install, test, turn up and troubleshoot home services in
residential environmentsResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Actively engaged as an employee advocate and fully committed to
supporting our strategic vision to be and become known as the BEST
in our industry(s) through:
- Putting our customer at the center of everything we do
- A relentless passion to be the best
- Being competitive, bold, innovative and adding value
- An ownership mentality, behavior and accountability
- An unyielding commitment to quality
- Respect for our internal and external customers
- Continuous improvement
- Being resourceful, productive and efficient
- Maximum dedication and effort with high energy, enthusiasm and
2. Installing and servicing IPTV, high speed data and voice
services. Working with wireless video equipment, running and
pulling cable, and provisioning equipment while adhering to codes,
regulations and standards. Installing and servicing home security
and home automation systems according to codes and standards, must
be able to pass background check for state licensing
3. Must be able to splice on fiber connectors. Knowledge of fiber,
CAT6 color code. Must be able to use and operate an OTDR, Light
Meter, Light Source, and Multi-Meter.
4. Troubleshoot hardware & software issues, make changes to meet
specification requirements. Demonstrate System to clients and
obtain sign-off for training.
5. Be responsible for company assets such as tools, proprietary
software, & databases. Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged
equipment or wiring. Readjust equipment, repair or replace
inoperative equipment and test for operation.
6. Conduct customer premise survey, make recommendations on
equipment placement, timely process work order modification and
manage schedule impact.
7. Provide prompt, courteous and excellent customer service.
Promptly report defective material or equipment, inaccuracies or
omissions in job information that may result in inadequate service
8. Wire CAT6 and/or fiber optic drops inside residential subscriber
homes/locations as directed.
9. Clean up debris from installation, patch drill holes, and return
unused materials. Configure Internet based wired and wireless
devices and networks.
10. Must be available to work shift rotations that include
Saturdays and be available for on call duties evenings and
weekends. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
11. Perform additional duties as assigned.
QualificationsEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High School Diploma or
equivalent required. Good Oral and Written Communication skills
required. Experience with IPTV and/or Cable TV and/or Home
Automation/Security required. Fiber splicing, wireline phone
service, wireless routers and wireless technology a plus. Must
possess a high degree of interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Must be able to sit for
long periods of time and use computer keyboard and/or mouse, while
viewing computer screen. Must be available via phone 7X24 hours a
day for emergencies and on call as directed. Must be able to work
some evenings and weekends in an on call/emergency environment.
Regional travel will be required. Occasional longer distance travel
required. Must have appropriate driver's license and be insurance
eligible. Must be able to handle and move 50 lbs. or more. Must be
able to work on a ladder for an extended period of time. Must have
good hand eye coordination. Must be able to operate tools and
equipment. Must be able to traverse difficult terrain, bend, crawl,
and work in attics and outdoor weather conditions for extended
Note: This is a brief description of the Technician, Home Services
responsibilities and is not limited to those described herein.
Management retains the right to add, delete or modify any of these
responsibilities at any time during employment. Rev. 11 February
Keywords: C Spire, Hattiesburg , Technician, Home Services, Professions , Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!