TECHNICIAN - FURNITURE REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Company: Ashley HomeStore
Posted on: September 16, 2023
NOW OFFERING ON DEMAND PAY Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the
Mattress and Furniture retailer in North America, has an immediate
opening for a Furniture Repair Technician. The ideal candidate is
responsible for repairing and refinishing furniture at the
distribution center and at customer homes. OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
- Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more KEY JOB
- Repair damaged furniture to new condition in the allotted time
- Complete upholstery repair including mechanism
- Determine if furniture is repairable or if it must be
- Report any incomplete or problem service calls to the Guest
- Record completed repairs and any further repairs needed and/or
parts that need to be ordered onto the service call ticket.
- Notify the Guest Response Team and DC Manager of repeated item
- Complete weekly vehicle maintenance logs.
- Maintain a clean and organized shop area/service truck.
- Assist with various warehouse tasks as needed.
- High School Diploma.
- 1 year practical work experience in furniture repair including
upholstery, leather repairs and wood refinishing
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office products and
ability to learn in-house computer programs.
- Valid Driver's License. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability toadjust focus to
read reports, view computer screen, etc.
- Must be able to hear and understand speech to interact with
- Must be able to speak so that others will be able to
- Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with both hands to
include keyboarding,handwriting, office/POS equipment and handheld
- Will remain on one's feet in an upright position and move about
- Will bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or
- Will lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds and more with
- Will work predominately in a warehouse environment; occasional
work atnew retail locations under construction. Potential exposure
to oil, latex, and spray paint, household chemicals,biological
odors and household dusts; moderate office noise.
- Understand and maintain all safe work practices and rules.
- Other duties as assigned, essential or otherwise. Ashley
Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley
Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. Education Required
- High School or better Skills Required
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Keywords: Ashley HomeStore, Hattiesburg , TECHNICIAN - FURNITURE REPAIR TECHNICIAN, Engineering , Moselle, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!